This green chile chicken taquito recipe is an easy-to-make recipe that can be made as a weeknight meal or as an appetizer. Using our green chili seasoning these chicken taquitos are full of flavor that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
Taquitos are a Spanish dish that consists of a corn or flour tortilla stuffed with a meat filling then baked or fried until golden. They are an easy treat to make and delicious. There are many different variations that you might come across from beef to chicken and cheese, there are so many filling options for your taquitos. They are a great meal, snack, or even appetizer.
Our green chili seasoning makes for a fun way to season your favorite foods. These green chile chicken taquitos contain a variety of flavors all in one. You get the green chile taste with chicken and cheese. They are a taquito recipe that you will make in the future and share with those you know.
Making the Chicken Taquito Filling
In a medium bowl combine 4 cups shredded chicken, 12 ounces softened or whipped cream cheese, 2 tablespoons Chugwater Chili Green Chili Seasoning, 4 ounces green chilies, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Mix until blended.
Note: You can buy pre-shredded chicken at most grocery stores or can easily cook up a couple chicken breasts to shred. If you use whipped cream cheese it blends with the other ingredients easier.
Rolling the Taquitos
If you are using corn tortillas heat them on a skillet. If you are using flour you can just start filling them. Pull aside.
On the tortilla place a spoonful of the chicken filling in the center. Tightly roll the tortilla up. You might have to use a toothpick to secure the taquito together.
Place the taquitos on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until the taquitos start to become golden.
Heat 4 cups vegetable in a medium pot to 350 degrees on medium heat. Place the taquito in the oil and cook for about 4-5 minutes until they become golden. pull from oil and set on paper towel to drain the oil off.
Set your air fryer to 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Place the taquitos in the air fryer in a single layer. Press start on the air fryer. At 10 minutes check the taquitos and rotate them. When they are nice and golden they are ready to enjoy.
How to Serve Green Chili Chicken Taquitos
Now that you have made these fun and easy green chile chicken taquitos it is time to enjoy them.
Make a tex-mex meal out of them by adding a side of rice and beans.
Dunk them in our Chugwater Chili Dip or Homemade Salsa.
Serve them as an appetizer for potlucks or gatherings.
Freeze them and pull them out for a fun snack.
There are so many different ways that you can serve these chicken taquitos.
No matter what though this will be a new favorite recipe to add to your recipe collection.
How to Make Chugwater Chili Dip
- Combine 2 tablespoons for Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix with 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup mayonnaise. Stir until all ingredients are blended.
- Serve as a dip for the Green Chili Chicken Taquitos.
How to Make Green Chile Chicken Taquitos Video-
Now that you have learned a fun new Chugwater Chili Recipe, here are a few other fun and easy recipes for you to try out!!!
Green Chile Chicken Taquitos
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 4 ounce can green chilies
- 2 tablespoon Green Chili Seasoning
- 12 ounces Cream Cheese, softened or whipped
- 1 cup Mexican or fiesta blend cheese, shredded
- 12 flour or corn tortillas
- In a medium bowl combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, green chili seasoning, green chilies, and shredded cheese. Mix until blended.
- If you are using corn tortillas heat them on a skillet. If you are using flour you can just start filling them.
- Place a spoonful of the chicken filling in the tortilla shell and roll together.
- Set aside. And repeat. You might have to use a toothpick to hold it together.
- Bake at 375 degrees or fry in a fryer or air fry until golden.
Sat. Fat (grams)12.79
Note these are estimated nutritional values and might not be 100% accurate.
Leave a comment (all fields required)