Chugwater Chili always loves to hear from our customers, and we definitely love our customers sharing their favorite ways to use our seasonings. We certainly appreciate fan Doug McCrady for sharing his Chugwater Chili Bacon Candy recipe with us.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons Chugwater Chili Gourmet Chili Blend
- 1 package of bacon
- Combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup bourbon, and 2 tablespoons of Chugwater Chili seasoning in a bowl.
- Lay bacon out on a cooling rack set over a cookie sheet (covering the cookie sheet in foil makes it easier to clean up). Use a basting brush to coat the bacon with the spice mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 15 min. Remove from oven, flip bacon, coat other side with the spice mixture, and let sit for 1 minute. Return to oven for 12-15 min.
- Remove from oven when bacon is crispy but not burnt. Allow bacon to cool but take it off the rack before it sticks.