This easy fish taco recipe is a healthy and delicious way to eat a fish taco. Featuring our steak rub seasoning, the fish taco has a slightly smoky but spicy flavor. It is easy to make the fish filling for this taco then add in your favorite taco toppings or use our zesty lettuce topping.
Fish tacos are a common treat in coastal areas. There are many different types of fish tacos on the market. Some use white meat fish while others use seafood like shrimp.
Our fish taco recipe features a white fish like tilapia or cod to create a light and refreshing meal. Make this on a weeknight or meal prep it for a week of meals. This taco recipe is adaptable and great if you are looking to add a new healthy recipe to your collection of recipes.
How to Make Fish Taco Meat
To make the taco filling for the with tacos, you will need to season 2 lbs. of white fish cut in 1-inch pieces with salt and pepper. Heat 3 Tablespoons of olive oil or an oil of your choice in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the fish and sauté about 3 minutes until the fish starts to brown.
Then remove fish from skillet and toss with 1-2 Tablespoons of Chugwater Chili Steak Rub. You can increase or decrease the amount of seasoning you use. If you want a spicier fish taco just add more seasoning.
How to Serve Fish Tacos
Fill heated corn tortillas with the cooked fish taco meat. Then top with your favorite toppings or our zesty lettuce topping.
How to Make Our Zesty Lettuce Topping
Whisk together 1 Tbs lime juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 Tbs honey, and ½ tsp salt. Add 3 cups shredded or chopped Romaine lettuce. Toss until the zesty lime mixture coats the lettuce.
Other Taco Toppings
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sour Cream Seasoned with Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix
- Cole Slaw
- Pico De Gallo
- Your Favorite Salsa (Try Our Easy Homemade Salsa )
- Diced or Sliced Avocado
- Lime Juice
- Chopped Onion
- Diced Tomatoes
If you enjoyed this easy fish taco recipe, here are some other easy and delicious taco recipes that we have.
- Easy Beef Tacos- This easy taco recipe is the perfect way to use your gourmet chili seasoning to create a fast meal for busy schedules.
- Veggie Tacos- This vegetarian taco recipe features an array of delicious veggies combined with our chili seasoning to create the ultimate vegetarian tacos or for those who want to go meatless. It is quick, easy and delicious.
- Crunchy Tacos- This easy crunchy taco recipe features taco meat seasoned with our chili seasoning. It is a quick and easy meal to put together on a busy schedule.
- Taco Bowl- This healthy taco bowl recipe contains an abundance of nutrition. It is a quick and easy recipe that you can create at any time. It is even the perfect opportunity to meal prep with this recipe. Featuring taco meat seasoned with our chili seasoning, corn seasoned with our southwestern dip seasoning, and other delicious food items, this spin on the traditional taco recipe will have you coming back for more.