Need an easy and delicious treat for summer? This jalapeno popper recipe is perfect for family gatherings, picnics, and other occasions. They can be cooked on the grill or baked in the oven. The recipe features the option to use either our Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend for a chili flavor or our Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix for a more southwestern taste.
Jalapeno poppers are great treat to eat any time of the year. They are easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time. There are many different ways to make jalapeno poppers. We have created our own twist on this treat by adding the option to either use our chili seasoning or our southwestern dips seasoning to the cream cheese. This creates a flavorful experience for your taste buds.
How to Prepare Jalapeno Peppers for Stuffing
There are a few different ways to prepare jalapenos for stuffing. Our favorite option is to take your jalapenos and slice them in half. Then de seed and core the peppers using a spoon.
The other way to do it is by chopping the top of the pepper off then removing the seeds and core. You can use a pepper corer to do this. If you choose this option, it is best to have a pepper griller to hold your peppers in place while cooking them.
Making the Cream Cheese Filling
Next you will need to make the cream cheese filling. Mix a brick of softened cream cheese and 1 Tbs of Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend or 1 Tbs of Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix together. You can mix by hand or use an electric mixer. If you choose you can add a little shredded cheese to mixture if you like things cheesier. Now you are ready to stuff your peppers.
Stuffing Your Jalapeno Poppers
After you have made the filling, take a butter knife or spoon and put the cream cheese mixture into the jalapeno halves. Make sure to fill the entire center of the jalapeno to the edge with the cream cheese filling.
Make a Bacon Blanket Around the Jalapeno Popper
After you have filled the halves it is time to wrap the poppers in a blanket of bacon. Take a slice of bacon and wrap it around the jalapeno making sure to cover the cream cheese mixture and pepper. If you are using small jalapenos, you might need only half a slice of bacon. Then you can secure the bacon to the jalapeno by using a toothpick.
How to Cook Jalapeno Poppers
Heat an oven or grill to 350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes. If baking in the oven you can broil for the last 10 minutes to get the bacon crispier.
Or you can add these to the grill at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Or until the bacon is all the way cooked.
Serving Jalapeno Poppers
Once the Jalapeno Poppers are finished baking you can enjoy them as an appetizer, snack, meal, or side dish!!!
- If you like more heat you can always increase the amount of seasoning you put in the cream cheese mixture.
- If you have a jalapeno griller you can always slice the top off the jalapeno, de-seed, de- core, and stuff the entire middle of the pepper.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Video-
Now that you have learned a new Chugwater Chili recipe who will you share it with? Also try out these other fun easy appetizer recipes.
- Little Smokies in Red Pepper Jelly Sauce
- Red Pepper Jelly with Cream Cheese and Crackers
- Taco Crescent Ring
- Easy Homemade Salsa
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 5 large jalapenos
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbs Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend or Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix
- 12 oz package of bacon
How to cook Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Take your jalapenos and slice them in half. De-seed and core them.
- Mix together the cream cheese and Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend or Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix together.
- Take a knife or spoon and put the cream cheese mixture into the jalapeno halves.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the jalapeno making sure to cover the cream cheese mixture.
- Heat an oven or grill to 350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes. If baking in the oven you can broil for the last 10 minutes to get the bacon crispier.
Sat. Fat (grams)9.66
Leave a comment (all fields required)