Chugwater Chili Easy Southwestern Stuffed Chicken Breasts are the perfect treat for spicing up your meal. This recipe can be used for a date night, anniversary meal, or even a special treat for Mother's Day. Stuffed with bell peppers, onion, cheese, and Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix seasoning, this treat will have your taste buds begging for more after the first bite.
Step 1: Prepare the Veggies
Dice the bell pepper and onion into bite sized pieces. If you are not a fan of chopping onions there are some grocery stores that have pre-chopped onion in their produce section.
Step 2: Make the Stuffing
Now it is time for making the stuffing for the chicken. This recipe calls for whipped cream cheese because it is a little softer and will blend with the cheese and Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix seasoning better but if you prefer to use a softened brick of cream cheese that is fine also. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded pepper jack cheese, bell pepper, onion, and 2 Tbs. of the Chugwater Chili Dip & Dresssing Mix.
Step 3: Stuff the Chicken
Now comes the fun part of stuffing the chicken. Take the thawed chicken breast and slice a pocket in the side. Do not slice all the way through the chicken because you do not want to loose your stuffing contents. Close the pocket opening with a toothpick or two. This helps to keep the stuffing in the chicken.
Step 4: Bake the Chicken
Your chicken is now ready for baking. Place the chicken breasts in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake covered for 30 minutes then uncovered for 15 minutes or until the middle has cooked. To check for doneness you can slice through the chicken breast and check if it is cooked or raw (it will be pink if it is raw). Note if it is raw do not eat it because you could end up ill from eating raw chicken which would not be fun or good on your health.
Step 5: Enjoy!!!
Finally, once your chicken is cooked, it is ready to eat. You can pair this dish with rice, potatoes, vegetables, pasta, salad, or whichever side dishes are your preference. It pairs nicely with a variety of sides. You can also use this for meal prepping or cook more chicken breasts for a large gathering.
- If you are more comfortable with non whipped cream cheese you can use a softened block of cream cheese.
- If you want to add a little heat you can add diced jalapeno pieces to the stuffing mixture.
- You can always add cheese to the tops of the chicken breasts if you want more cheese in the dish.
- Some of the stuffing might flow out during cooking, don't worry there will still be plenty of stuffing in the chicken breast.
- If you have stuffing left over you can bake it and make a chip/cracker dip out of it.
- If you do not want to use the oven you can always grill using a foil baking pan.
Now that you have learned this new Chugwater Chili Recipe, who will you share it with?
Chugwater Chili Easy Southwestern Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 5
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
5 Chicken Breasts, thawed
16 oz bag Pepper Jack Cheese Shredded
1 Red Bell Pepper
8 oz Whipped Cream Cheese
5 Tablespoons Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix
- Chop the bell peppers and onion into bite sized pieces.
- Mix together the cream cheese, onion, bell peppers, cheese, and 2 Tbs of the Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix.
- Take the thawed chicken breasts and slice the middles while being careful not to slice all the way through them. You want to make a pocket in them to put your stuffing.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with the cheese mixture and close the opening with a toothpick.
- Drizzle olive oil on the tops of the chicken breasts then sprinkle with the remaining Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees, or a grill (only if you use an aluminum backing pan).
- Bake the chicken breasts for 30 minutes covered then 15 minutes uncovered or until middle is cooked. To check if the middle is cooked simply slice it with a knife and check.