- one 2 - 21/2 pound high quality Chuck Roast
- 4-6 Yukon gold potatoes left whole
- 4 carrots, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium yellow onion, trimmed, peeled, and left whole
- 3 tablespoons Chugwater Chili Dip-Dressing Mix
- 3-4 cups water
1. Clean and prep the veggies. Most people probably peel the carrots, but we don't because...there are some nutrients in the peel! And we never notice a difference on the taste. The peel might also help keep the carrots from overcooking in the crock pot. But peel away if you want!
2. Place the meat in the crockpot, add the water, and spoon in the Chugwater Chili Dip-Dressing Mix. Add the vegetables.
3. Cook on the low setting in the crockpot for 6-8 hours. TIP: Some crockpots can overheat, so if you are using your crockpot for the first time, you may want to make sure you can check on the food during the cooking time. You can also control the heat by wrapping aluminum foil on the crockpot insert. Special Note: When I make this recipe, I remove the vegetables after 4 hours of cooking time. Depending on the meat, it may need more cooking time.
4. If you want, take a few minutes and shred the beef and make a gravy. Serve the roast and veggies with biscuits.