This easy elk chili is the perfect dish to make anytime of the year. It is a quick chili recipe using our chili seasoning to create a flavorful and healthy meal for the family. Plus it is a great treat during hunting season.
If you like to garnish your chili with sweeter and crunchier onions, slice them, drop them in a bowl of water, and refrigerate them 30 minutes before you chop them. Elk meat is very lean, so be prepared to watch it closely while it cooks.
Easy Elk Chugwater Chili Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions, not the ones for your garnish
- 2 lbs. ground elk meat
- 3 tablespoons Chugwater Chili Gourmet Seasoning Blend
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 can water
- 2 15 ounce cans pinto beans
1. Heat oil over medium heat in large Dutch oven. Sauté onions until softened, 3 minutes.
Add 3 tablespoons of Chugwater Chili Gourmet Spice Blend. Stir and heat 30 seconds.
2. Turn heat down to medium-low. Add 2 pounds ground elk meat. Using a spoon or pastry blender, break the meat down into 1/4 inch pieces as it cooks, 4-6 minutes.
3. Add one can of tomato sauce and one can of water. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the contents to a gentle boil.
4. Add two cans of pinto beans. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve chili with shredded cheese, jalapeño slices, corn chips, and Chugwater Chili Dip Mix made with sour cream and mayonnaise.
If you try our elk chili recipe, let us know! Remember, our Chugwater Chili Gourmet Seasoning Blend is a mix of 12 spices. You get a lot of flavor and a lot of savings!