Quick and tasty, Chugwater Chili Beef Stew takes just 5 ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes. The secret is tossing the stew meat with Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend then cooking the meat for about 2-3 minutes in hot vegetable oil. Serve with green onions on top and a corn bread muffin on the side.
- 11/2 to 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 3 tablespoons Chugwater Chili Gourmet Chili Blend
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained
1. Toss the stew meat with 2 tablespoons of Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a 5-6 quart heavy pot. Cook half of the stew meat for 2-3 minutes. Not overcrowding the pan helps each piece of meat develop a tasty, crispy crust.
3. Cook the remaining meat. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape up any bits of meat and seasoning.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, and remaining 1 tablespoon Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend. Add up to one can of water if you want a thinner stew.
5. Bring the Chugwater Chili Beef Stew to a boil and let simmer 20 minutes. Serve topped with chopped green onions, Chugwater Chili Dip, shredded cheddar and a side of corn bread.