Chugwater Chili is always excited about recipes from our customers, and we are really happy to share Jennifer Glover's Chugwater Chili with Ground Turkey recipe. Jennifer and her family live just south of Colorado Springs, in Fountain, CO, discovered Chugwater Chili at a Colorado Springs Christmas Bazaar a few years ago, and makes sure to have a big container of Chugwater Chili seasoning in the cupboard each year. Ever since Jennifer was a little girl, she has loved being in the kitchen trying new recipes, trying new things, and sharing good food with family and friends. She loves cooking so much that she sells Pampered Chef. Jennifer's advice for home cooks is "Add a bit of this or that; try new recipes. Don't be afraid of what may turn out ~ it just might be your new favorite!"
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 pound ground turkey
- salt up to one teaspoon
- pepper up to 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons Chugwater Chili seasoning
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes garlic and onion or fire roasted
- 1 can of water
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
1. In pot, saute one small onion (diced) and 2 clove garlic (pressed) in two tablespoon olive oil until fragrant. Add a 1-lb package ground turkey. Season with salt, pepper, and 1 TSP cumin. Smash meat (Jennifer uses the Pampered Chef Mix and Chop) while it's cooking, so there are no large chunks.
3.Add 2 TBSP Chugwater Chili. Stir in 3 TBSP tomato paste. Cook for about 5 minutes to allow flavor to blend.
4. Add one can diced tomatoes (Jennifer prefers oven roasted or garlic and onion blend). Add one can of water.
5. Drain and rinse a can of garbanzo beans and a can of black beans. Add rinsed beans. Mix, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
Top with shredded cheese and a spoonful of sour cream. Delicious! Freezes well for eating later, too!