This beer chili recipe is easy, customizable and the perfect dinner treat. Using our chili seasoning this new take on our classic Chugwater Chili recipe is perfect if you want to mix things up and try a new easy chili recipe.
Whenever we have a kitchen question, we are lucky enough to know an expert. Chef Mike Beadles of Tampa, Florida has been cooking professionally for more than 20 years and is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. He likes how the masa and brown sugar balance the heat of the spices in our Chugwater Chili Gourmet Chili Blend. He also says it is a good rub for a meat that has to be slow cooked like a brisket.
- two teaspoons oil
- small white onion, chopped fine
- two cloves of garlic, pressed
- green bell pepper, chopped fine
- three tablespoons Chugwater Chili Gourmet Chili Blend
- two pounds ground beef
- one can of beer
- one can tomatoes (crushed or diced)
1. Heat the oil in a large pot. Saute the onion, garlic, and green bell pepper until sweated.
2. Add three tablespoons Chugwater Chili Gourmet Chili Blend. Heat the mixture for a few seconds to toast the seasonings.
3. Add two pounds ground beef and stir until it is cooked.
4. Add a can of beer. Pick a beer that you like. The liquid reduces during simmering time, and the chili is flavored with sugars and malt. The sugars don't add sweetness but add the taste of hops, roasted malt, and wild yeast.
5. Add a can of tomatoes, diced or crushed. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
If you have a special ingredient we'd love to hear about it! Let us know on our website, Facebook, or Twitter. We look forward to hearing from you!