This easy crescent recipe is a wonderful way to make dinner creative. Featuring taco meat seasoned with our signature chili seasoning this treat is quick easy and full of flavor. Just add your favorite taco toppings and you have a complete meal in less than an hour.
Using Crescent Rolls
Sometimes clever and pretty can be easy to create. A can of crescent rolls can be used in the most creative ways. From stuffing the crescent rolls with sweet treats like chocolate to making a savory meal using different meats. Crescent rolls are versatile, forgiving, and tasty buttery treats. This taco stuffed crescent ring recipe is a creative and simple way to use crescent rolls. Brown the ground beef, season it with Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend, and spoon it onto the unrolled crescent rolls.
Making Taco Meat Using Chili Seasoning
You will need to brown 1 lb. ground beef. If you prefer to use ground turkey you can also use that in this recipe. You can also add in diced onion when you cook the meat if you prefer the flavor of onion with your taco meat.
Tip: For better results, tenderize the meat with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda mixed with 1 teaspoon of water. This helps to keep the meat moist while cooking and prevents it from drying out.
While cooking the taco meat, break it into small pieces using a pastry blender. To season the taco meat, you will need to add in 1 ½ Tbs Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend. If you prefer more heat you can add more seasoning to make it a little spicier.
How to Make a Crescent Roll Ring
First you will need to unroll the crescent roll dough from the can and place onto a cookie or baking sheet. Place the dough pieces into the shape of a sun with the triangle points facing outward. At this point the dough will not fit entirely on the baking sheet. You want the center to be on the sheet though.
You will need to heat the oven to 375 degrees. Now spoon the taco meat onto the wide part of the dough triangles. You may want to move some of the pieces closer together to prevent the filling from falling out of the taco ring.
The picture above is 8 crescent rolls and 1/2 pound of taco meat. This recipe is designed to make 2 crescent roll rings.
Now you will pick up and tuck the smallest part of the triangle so that the meat filling is mostly covered. You may need to pull and pinch some of the pieces of dough to cover most of the filling. It should look like a ring or wreath shape when you are finished.
Bake the taco crescent ring in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the dough is fully cooked and looks golden.
How to Serve the Taco Ring
Place a bowl of lettuce, shredded cheddar, and salsa in the center for serving purposes. This is a great way to serve if you have a confined serving space or you are attending a party.
If you do not have sour cream in the refrigerator, you can use whole milk ricotta cheese for a different taste. Mixing southwest and Italian palates sounds a little weird, but the sweet ricotta cheese goes well with the buttery crescent roll.
Other taco toppings to consider are:
- Sliced Olives
- Chopped Cilantro
- Pico De Gallo
- Diced Avocado
- Queso Cheese Sauce
- Diced Jalapenos
- Prepared Chugwater Chili Dip Mix
- Hot Sauce
Side Dishes to Use
- My family especially my children love melon with almost any meal. A sprinkle of Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend on the honeydew, watermelon, or cantaloupe to create a sweet savory treat.
- Make up a side of Spanish or Mexican rice.
- Add diced tomatoes, diced green chilies, and onion to corn and cook for a fiesta corn dish.
We hope you enjoyed learning this new recipe using crescent rolls. Here are some other fun and easy meals that your family will enjoy!!!
Taco Crescent Ring
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend
- 2 cans of refrigerator crescent rolls
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
How to cook Taco Crescent Ring
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef. For better results, tenderize the meat with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda mixed with 1 teaspoon of water. While cooking the meat, break it into small pieces using a pastry blender.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough onto an plain cookie sheet. Place the dough pieces into the shape of a sun. At this point the dough will not fit entirely on the baking sheet.
- Spoon the taco meat onto the wide part of the dough triangles. You may want to move some of the pieces closer together.
- The picture above is 8 crescent rolls and 1/2 pound of taco meat.
- Pick up and tuck the smallest part of the triangle so that the meat filling is mostly covered. You may need to pull and pinch some of the pieces of dough to cover most of the filling.
- Bake the Tasty and Clever Chugwater Chili Taco in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve with lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
- Place a bowl of lettuce, shredded cheddar, and salsa in the center.
Sat. Fat (grams)20.74
Leave a comment (all fields required)