This easy corn side dish recipe is a fresh and flavorful salad to serve alongside beef, pork or chicken. Or, serve it as a light lunch or dinner. The corn salad is dressed in a zesty southwest salad dressing made with our southwest flavoreddip & dressing mix. The corn salad loaded with crispy bacon, creamy avocado, fresh tomatoes, and black beans and is such a colorful and delicious side dish.
Southwestern Salad Dressing
This corn salad is all about the dressing! Our Dip-Dressing Mixmakes it easy to make a flavorful dressing with just a few simple ingredients. Just combine the ingredients and pop it in the refrigerator while you make the rest of the recipe.
- 1 ½ teaspoons Chugwater Chili Dip-Dressing Mix
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
Corn Salad Ingredients
- Fresh corn makes all the difference in this recipe. You will want to boil it first and then cool it. Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the cob. Place the corn in a large bowl.
- If you can’t find fresh corn (or if it’s out of season) you can substitute frozen corn. Just be sure to thaw it first and pat it dry with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture.
- Fry slices of bacon until they are crispy. Transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the excess grease. Once the bacon is cool enough to handle, chop it into pieces and add them to the bowl with the corn.
- The easiest way to dice an avocado is to first slice the avocado in half. Insert your knife into the avocado until you hit the pit. Holding the avocado in one and and your knife in the other, run your knife around the avocado to slice it in half. Pull the halves apart to expose the pit. Carefully whack the pit with your knife to pull it out. Use a spoon to remove the flesh and then cut it into chunks.
- Add the diced avocado to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Slice the tomatoes and chop the cilantro and add them to the bowl along with the black beans.
Mix and Dress the Corn Salad
- Once you have all of the corn salad ingredients in the bowl give them a good toss with a wooden spoon.
- Add the southwestern salad dressing to the bowl and give it all another toss until the salad is evenly coated in the dressing. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the salad and top it with crumbled feta cheese.
The corn salad is great all on its own as a side dish, or you can also serve like we do on a bed of lettuce.
Main Dish Recipes to Serve with Corn Salad
This corn salad is great as a light dinner or lunch or serve it as a side dish – here are some ideas!
More Dip-Dressing Mix Recipes
Have you tried our Dip-Dressing Mix? It’s a combination of bold and tangy seasoning that you can use in so many ways. Here are some more recipes for you to try:
We hope you enjoy this Corn Salad with Southwestern Salad Dressing!