Bacon. Sweet Corn. Chugwater Chili Southwest Style Seasoning.
Did I mention bacon?! I live in Cheyenne, WY, now, but having grown up in Indiana I am happily familiar with fresh sweet corn, and the golden grain in Colorado is equally delicious. Plus my mom absolutely loves Chugwater Chili's Southwest Style Seasoning, so a recipe that uses bacon, sweet corn, and my mom's favorite dressing is a triple hit. A lot of southwest style salad recipes are available, and the ingredients and the amounts of each depend on the chef's prerogative. Please use my recipe as a guide to enjoy summer's bounty. The mild, smokey flavor in the Chugwater Chili Southwest Style Salad complements any grilled steak.
Chugwater Chili Southwest Style Seasoning Salad
1 cup Southwest Style Seasoning Dressing with mayonnaise and buttermilk
6 ears sweet corn, cooked and cut off the cob
6 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 avocado, diced
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
salad greens, chopped
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. My mom says to add the salt after the water boils to prevent a white buildup on the bottom of the pan.
2. Cook the corn, cool it, and cut it off the cob.
3. Cook and chop the bacon.
4. Dice the avocado.
5. Slice the tomatoes. Chop the cilantro. Mix the Chugwater Chili Southwest Style Seasoning Dressing.
6. Mix the corn, beans, avocado, tomatoes, bacon, and cilantro.
7. Pour and mix in up to one cup of Chugwater Chili Southwest Style Seasoning Dressing.
8. Serve on lettuce, spritz with lime, and top with feta cheese.