Skillet Sausage and Pasta with Green Bell Pepper
This 30 minute skillet supper uses both Chugwater Chili Gourmet Chili Seasoning and Chugwater Chili Dip-Dressing Mix. Together they make a great couple for Valentine's Day and all through the year.
- 1 green bell pepper, 3/4 inch strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 3 shallots sliced or 4 scallions (white part) chopped; Reserve the greens for garnish
- 1 package smoked sausage (any type), sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Chugwater Chili Gourmet Chili Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Chugwater Chili Dip-Dressing Mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- 16 ounces penne or bowtie pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 12 inch skillet or 5-6 quart Dutch oven (The ingredients fit into my 12 inch cast iron skillet.)
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Cook green bell pepper until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove the green bell pepper, and do not wash the skillet.
- Add the sausage and crisp the sides, 3-4 minutes. Return the bell pepper to the skillet.
- Clear a space in the center of the skillet and add the garlic, shallots or scallion whites, and spices. Heat for about 30 seconds.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and scrape up any bits of food from the skillet.
5. Add the cream cheese and stir until it melts.
6. Pour in the water or broth. Add the pasta. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Chugwater Chili Sausage and Pasta Skillet Dinner serves 4-6.