This easy pasta recipe uses both Chugwater Chili Gourmet Chili Seasoning and Chugwater Chili Dip-Dressing Mix to create a mouthwatering sausage pasta in 30 minutes. It is the perfect recipe for your busy schedules or a quick weeknight meal.
Pasta skillet dishes are quick and easy dishes to create for the whole family. Typically, they involve a hand full of ingredients that come together for a delicious treat. Our pasta skillet dish is savory and delicious plus it features healthy vegetables like bell peppers and spinach. Combine these with our chili seasoning and dip mix it creates a southwestern type mix of flavors.
Cut the Vegetables and Sausage
First you will need to chop the bell pepper, scallions or shallots, and sausage. For the bell pepper you will want to cut it into medium sized chunks. The scallions or shallots can be thinly sliced. The sausage which can be any type of smoked sausage that you find at the grocery store, will need to be sliced into ¼ inch slices. This helps get you bite sized pieces for your pasta skillet. Once these ingredients have been cut set them aside and start cooking. You will also need to mince 3 gloves of garlic. If you want, you can buy pre minced garlic from the store to cut down on prep time.
Sauté the Vegetables and Sausage
In a large skillet heat 1 Tbs of olive oil. If you use coconut or other types of oil they can also be used. Add in the bell pepper chunks and cook until they start to brown then remove them from the skillet and place in a bowl to the side.
In the same skillet you will add in the sausage slices and cook until the sides start to brown and look crispy. Next add the bell pepper back to the skillet. This allows all of the ingredients to brown and get crispy.
Clear a space in the center of the skillet and add the minced garlic, shallots or scallion whites, 2 Tbs Chugwater Chili Gourmet Chili Seasoning and 1 Tbs Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Mix. Mix together.
Add in 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes. This can be found at the grocery store. Make sure to mix the tomatoes in with the other ingredients.
Now add in 4 oz of cream cheese and stir until it melts. This helps give the skillet a creamy taste.
In the skillet you will pour in 3 cups of water or broth. Then add 16 oz pasta bowtie or penne, uncooked. As the pasta cooks in the covered skillet it will soften this usually takes 10-15 minutes. If you choose to use pre cooked pasta you will need to decrease the amount of water or chicken broth or the pasta will be soupy.
Once the pasta has softened you can add in 2 cups of raw spinach and let it cook until it has softened but is still firm. This adds some extra color to the dish along with more nutrition too. This is optional though and can be kept out if you have any picky eaters in the household.
How to Serve the Pasta Skillet
Below are some sides that you can serve with the creamy sausage pasta skillet.
- Garlic Bread
- Side Salad
- Fresh Fruit
Now that you have learned a new Chugwater Chili Recipe, here are some other awesome easy weeknight meals that you can create for your family!!!!
- Flank Steak Sandwich
- Signature Chugwater Chili
- Chili Fajita Pasta
- Sean Mulligan's Round Steak with Chugwater Chili Gravy
Creamy Sausage Pasta Skillet
- 1 green bell pepper, 3/4 inch strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 3 shallots sliced or 4 scallions (white part) chopped; Reserve the greens for garnish
- 1 package smoked sausage (any type), sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Chugwater Chili Gourmet Chili Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Chugwater Chili Dip-Dressing Mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- 16 ounces penne or bowtie pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups raw spinach (optional)
- 12 inch skillet or 5-6 quart Dutch oven (The ingredients fit into my 12 inch cast iron skillet.)
How to cook Creamy Sausage Pasta Skillet
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Cook green bell pepper until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove the green bell pepper, and do not wash the skillet.
- Add the sausage and crisp the sides, 3-4 minutes. Return the bell pepper to the skillet.
- Clear a space in the center of the skillet and add the garlic, shallots or scallion whites, and spices. Heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes and scrape up any bits of food from the skillet.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until it melts.
- Pour in the water or broth. Add the pasta. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Sat. Fat (grams)14.52
Leave a comment (all fields required)