As an athlete in the Elite Rodeo Association (ERA), graduate of the University of Wyoming, and horseman, Chugwater Chili Corp is thankful to sponsor Sean Mulligan as he competes in the ERA. One of his favorite meals is round steak and gravy made with Chugwater Chili seasoning.
- 1lb. Round Steak
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tablespoons Chugwater Chili Seasoning
- 4 cups water
1. In a dutch oven or cast iron "black pot," brown both sides of round steak. Remove from pot.
2. Melt 4 Tablespoons of butter and whisk in 1/2 cup of flour.
Pour in about a 1/4 cup of water while whisking in the Chugwater Chili seasoning. Keep whisking with one hand and pour the remaining cups of water into the mix. Bring the roux to a simmer or gentle boil. And keep whisking :)
3. Once the roux has thickened and covers the back of a spoon, add the browned Round Steak back to the pot and let simmer on very low heat for up to an hour.
4. Slice the steak, spoon up your favorite rice or pasta, and pour on the Chugwater Chili gravy.