To get the most out of your asparagus, trim the bottom and peel any tough skin from the stalk. Thinner stalks may need less roasting time for crispy and tender bites.
One bunch asparagus, the thicker the stems, the better
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons Chugwater Chili Southwest Style Seasoning
One cup mayonnaise
One cup buttermilk
1. Place a rimmed baking sheet on an oven rack on the lowest position and heat the oven to 500 degrees.
2. With a sharp knife, remove the bottom inch of the asparagus.
3. Use a vegetable peeler and remove the tough outer skin of each asparagus stalk.
4. Drizzle the asparagus with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Put the asparagus on the heated rimmed baking sheet.
5. Roast the asparagus for 10 minutes. To make the Southwest Style Dressing, whisk together 2 tablespoons of Chugwater Chili Southwest Style Seasoning, 1 cup mayonnaise, and 1 cup of buttermilk. The dressing tastes good immediately, but refrigerating it overnight enhances the flavors.