As we start a new year it is fun to explore new recipes. This fiesta corn casserole recipe is a perfect dish for family meals or potlucks. It can also be adapted from a side dish to a main course meal. This recipe contains a blend of corn, peppers, cheese, and Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend. It is easy to make and a treat for your taste buds!!!
Casseroles are an easy and delicious way to feed your loved ones. There can be many different types of casseroles from side dish style casseroles to full meal casseroles. Most casseroles can be created in one dish and frozen to be served later.
Our Fiesta Corn Casserole is a great treat as a side dish, vegetable dish, or full meal. This casserole is versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. Take it to a potluck or family dinner. You can add more meat to it to create a full meal too. This dish featuring our chili seasoning with corn peppers, onion, cheese, and bacon will have guests coming back for more.
Step 1: Prepping Your Casserole Ingredients
Prepping Your Vegetables-
Chop 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 onion, and 1-2 jalapenos depending on your preferences (note: you can exclude the jalapeno if you wish). Put them in bowls to the side for adding later.
Optional: Prepping the Bacon
If you do decide to add bacon, there are several options.
Option 1: Cooking Bacon
- For this option you will need a small package of thick cut bacon.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces then fry until golden and crispy.
- Drain the fat.
Option 2: Buying Precooked Bacon
- You can also buy precooked bacon pieces from most grocery stores. This is an easy add in for when you are in a hurry or if you are not comfortable frying bacon.
- You will need to add 1 cup of bacon pieces for this option.
Step 2: Combining the Ingredients
Now that you have your ingredients prepped it is time to start putting the Fiesta Corn Casserole together. In a large bowl, mix the chopped jalapeno, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 package cream cheese, and 2 Tbs. Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend. Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of seasoning you use if you want more heat or less heat. Same for the chopped jalapeno.
Add in the chopped red bell pepper, 1/2-16 oz package of cheddar cheese, the chopped onion, and 16 oz bag frozen corn. Mix in until it looks like the cream cheese mixture is evenly spread in with the other ingredients.
If you choose you can add in cooked bacon pieces to the mixture.
Put contents of bowl into an 8x8 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spread the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the casserole starts to boil on the edges.
Now you can serve your Fiesta Corn Casserole.
Serve this corn casserole with your favorite main dish, as a meal by adding chicken to it, or at potlucks to share with others.
- If you want to make a full meal out of this recipe you can simply add in cooked shredded chicken with the other ingredients before you bake.
- To fit a 9x13 inch pan simply double the recipe.
- If you want to make extra you can freeze the casserole before you cook it. You should use a disposable or freezer safe container and label with a date, cook time, and cooking temperature. Then you will have an easy meal to put in the oven and have for anytime you are in a hurry.
Now that you have learned a new Chugwater Chili recipe, who will you share it with? Try out some of our other amazing recipes using our chili seasoning.