As we start a new year it is fun to explore new recipes. This fiesta corn casserole recipe is a perfect dish for family meals or potlucks. It can also be adapted from a side dish to a main course meal. This recipe contains a blend of corn, peppers, cheese, and Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend. It is easy to make and a treat for your taste buds!!!
Step 1: Prepping Your Ingredients:
Prepping Your Vegetables-
Chop 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 onion, and 1-2 jalapenos depending on your preferences (note: you can exclude the jalapeno if you wish). Put them in bowls to the side for adding later.
Optional: Prepping the Bacon
If you do decide to add bacon, there are several options.
Option 1: Cooking Bacon
- For this option you will need a small package of thick cut bacon.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces then fry until golden and crispy.
- Drain the fat.
Option 2: Buying Precooked Bacon
- You can also buy precooked bacon pieces from most grocery stores. This is an easy add in for when you are in a hurry or if you are not comfortable frying bacon.
- You will need to add 1 cup of bacon pieces for this option.
Step 2: Combining the Ingredients
Now that you have your ingredients prepped it is time to start putting the Fiesta Corn Casserole together. In a large bowl, mix the chopped jalapeno, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 package cream cheese, and 2 Tbs. Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend.
Add in the chopped red bell pepper, 1/2-16 oz package of cheddar cheese, the chopped onion, and 16 oz bag frozen corn. Mix in until it looks like the cream cheese mixture is evenly spread in with the other ingredients.
If you choose you can add in cooked bacon pieces to the mixture.
Put contents of bowl into an 8x8 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spread the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the casserole starts to boil on the edges.
Now you can serve your Fiesta Corn Casserole.
- If you want to make a full meal out of this recipe you can simply add in cooked shredded chicken with the other ingredients before you bake.
- To fit a 9x13 inch pan simply double the recipe.
- If you want to make extra you can freeze the casserole before you cook it. You should use a disposable or freezer safe container and label with a date, cook time, and cooking temperature. Then you will have an easy meal to put in the oven and have for anytime you are in a hurry.
Chugwater Chili Fiesta Corn Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 depending on serving size
1 package cream cheese, softened
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
16 oz package of shredded cheddar cheese
1 small package of bacon (optional)
16 oz package of frozen corn
2 Tablespoons of Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend
- Start by chopping up your red bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno into small pieces. Place in bowls and set aside.
- To prep the bacon, chop it into small pieces and cook until golden and crispy. Drain off extra grease. Or pour in 1 cup of pre-cooked bacon pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the jalapeno, sour cream, cream cheese, and Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend together.
- Now add to the bowl the red bell pepper, 1/2 package of the cheddar cheese blend, onion, and frozen corn. Mix in with the sour cream/cream cheese mixture until it is well mixed and add in the bacon pieces.
- Put contents of bowl in an 8x8 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spread the last of the cheddar cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- Serve Hot!!!
Optional: Add cooked shredded chicken with the bacon to create a full meal.
Now that you have learned a new Chugwater Chili recipe, who will you share it with?