Our favorite thing about this recipe is that is it easy to make, doesn't take much time, and a baking dish, a can opener, and a hot oven gets it done. Plus, melty cheese covers the tomatoey, Chugwater Chili seasoned chicken, rice, and beans. Wait...that is more than one thing to love! Aww...we just made dinner a better place.
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Chugwater Chili Seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts (20 ounces)
- 1 can red enchilada sauce (19 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (4 ounces)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Layer rice, black beans, Chugwater Chili Seasoning, chicken broth, and chicken breasts. .
4. Pour enchilada sauce over all.
5. Cover with foil.
6. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until rice is tender and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165 degrees).
7. Remove and shred chicken.
8. Replace chicken and give everything a good stir.
9. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
10. Serve with lettuce and a dollop of Chugwater Chili Dip.
We would love to know if you make our recipe! Post your picture on Facebook or Twitter. Our Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend has a lot of uses!