This easy chili nacho recipe is the perfect treat to use your left-over chili. Just make our Signature Chugwater Chili add tortilla chips, cheese, and toppings, then you have a nacho meal.
Buffalo Nachos are a popular recipe here in Chugwater, WY. They are perfect for serving a herd of “hungry buffaloes” and have been served at the Chugwater Schools for special lunches for the kids. These nachos are perfect for any event large or small. They are also perfect for meals with the family or even parties such as sports playoffs. They are an easy and delicious way to add Chugwater Chili to your life and use up any left-over chili you might have.
How To Make Chugwater Chili
To make Chugwater Chili you will need to start by browning 2 lbs. ground beef and drain the excess fat.
Next stir in 3 Tbs. Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend with the meat. To make sure the meat gets seasoned with the chili seasoning, stir the seasoning into the meat.
Then add a can of tomato sauce and 15 oz of water (preferably Chugwater). You can use the tomato sauce can to measure out your water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, then cover and simmer.
Add the two cans of pinto beans juice and all, return to simmering for about 30 minutes. Don’t forget to stir the chili occasionally during the 30-minute cooking time.
How to Make Buffalo Nachos
Now that you have your Chugwater Chili made you can start putting your nachos together.
First you want to start with an even layer of tortilla chips, then cover the tortilla chips with a layer of chili and shredded cheese. If you are cooking for a crowd you can use a heated can of nacho cheese on your chili nachos.
Next add your toppings starting with lettuce, onion, diced tomatoes, black olives, and sliced jalapenos.
Once you have your nachos put together you are ready to enjoy them. It is as simple and easy as that! You can add or subtract the different toppings as you wish. Here is a list of other toppings you can add to your nachos.
- Try Our Easy Homemade Salsa
- Diced Avocado
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sour Cream
- You can either chop up the toppings yourself or you should be able to find most of the toppings pre-chopped at the grocery store.
- You can adapt the nachos for a small family meal by cutting the ingredients in half. Or double it to feed a crowd.
- If you are having a party you can create a Buffalo Nachos bar with all of the toppings and have your guests create their own personalized Buffalo Nachos.
- If you wish to use ground turkey or ground venison like elk, deer, or buffalo, you can use these instead of ground beef.
Congratulations, you now have a new treat to share, who will you share this recipe with? Keep learning new Chugwater Chili recipes by exploring these fun treats!!!