This vegetarian taco recipe features an array of delicious veggies combined with our chili seasoning to create the ultimate vegetarian tacos or for those who want to go meatless. It is quick, easy and delicious.
Vegetarian tacos are an easy and enjoyable alternative to meat filled tacos. This easy taco recipe features our gourmet chili seasoningwith onion, bell peppers, carrots, spinach, and black beans to create a nutritious and delicious taco. This healthy taco recipe will liven up the table with its vibrant colors.
Veggie Tacos are perfect for using fresh ingredients out of the garden. In this recipe most of the ingredients can be found in your garden or at the grocery store. It is easy to create a vegetarian taco or vegan taco with this recipe since it has few ingredients involved. You can also add other vegetables such as corn, zucchini squash, green bell peppers, mushrooms, and other delicious vegetables.
How to Cook Veggie Tacos
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet and sauté the onion until soft or translucent this is usually around 3-5 minutes. Then add in 2 tsp Chugwater Chili seasoning and stir to allow the onion to be coated with chili seasoning.
Now add a diced red bell pepper and one large carrot shredded and cook until softened which is around 3-5 minutes. If you choose to add other veggies you can add them at this time too.
Once your bell pepper and carrot has softened, stir in 3 Tbs cream cheese until melted. This helps give the taco a creamy taste. If you have corn you can add in 1 cup of frozen or fresh corn to the pan and cook until heated. If you want a more vegan taco leave out the cream cheese.
To add in more color and nutrition add in a bunch of spinach and stir for 2 minutes until it starts to get a wilted look. You do not want to over cook the spinach to the point it becomes soggy and mushy.
Next move the mixture to a serving dish. Wipe the skillet clean and add the rinsed and dried black beans with a pinch of Chugwater Chili Seasoning, and roast on medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Let the beans pop and crisp.
Time to Create Your Veggie Taco
Serve the veggie taco filling on to your favorite tortilla or our Homemade Flour Tortilla recipe. Spoon on the black beans, spritz with lime juice, and garnish with cilantro and crumbled feta cheese.
Other toppings that can be added include:
- Diced onion
- Sliced olives
- Chopped jalapeno
- Salsa (try our Homemade Salsa Recipe)
- Shredded or chopped lettuce
- Prepared Chugwater Chili Dip Mix
- Sour cream
- Diced tomato
- And much more…..
Now that you have learned a new Chugwater Chili recipe make sure to check out some of our other awesome vegetarian recipes:
- Veggie Chili
- Chugwater Chili Dip & Dressing Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Asparagus with Creamy Southwestern Sauce
- Easy Chili Lime Pasta Salad
- 2 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- Yellow Onion, chopped fine
- 2 Teaspoons Chugwater Chili Seasoning
- Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- One Carrot, shredded
- 3 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
- One Cup Fresh or Frozen Corn, thawed
- Bunch of Spinach
- One can of Black Beans, rinsed and dried
- Lime Wedges
- Fresh Cilantro
- Feta Cheese
How to cook Veggie Tacos
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet and sauté the onion until soft, 3-5 minutes. Add Chugwater Chili seasoning and stir, about 1 minute.
- Add red bell pepper and carrot and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted. If you've got it, add the corn and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and stir until just wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Move the mixture to a serving dish. Wipe the skillet clean, and add the rinsed and dried black beans. Add a pinch of Chugwater Chili Seasoning, and roast on medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Let the beans pop and crisp.
- Serve the Chugwater Chili Veggie mixture on your favorite tortilla. Spoon on the black beans, spritz with lime juice, and garnish with cilantro and crumbled feta cheese.
Sat. Fat (grams)3.68
February 24, 2016
Great recipe! I made these tacos with Chugwater Chili seasoning for my family last night and they were a hit! Love having fulfilling and family pleasing veggie recipes in my dinner roatation. I will definitely make these again.