Summertime is here!!!
Enjoy taking this delicious Chugwater Chili Pasta Salad to all of your summer parties and potlucks.
It is quick, easy, and will leave you asking for more.
Step 1: Prep the Pasta
You will use either 1/2 box of rotini or the pasta shape of your choice. For this recipe I used the tri-colored rotini to give the salad extra color. Boil pasta until tender in a large pot and drain. Rinse with cold water to cool the pasta.
Step 2: Create the Sauce
This pasta salad sauce is easy but delicious. In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup oil (note I used vegetable oil but you could also use olive oil as well), 1/3 cup lime juice, 2 1/2 Tbs. Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 Tbs. minced garlic. Set aside.
Step 3: Combine the Ingredients
Now it is time to throw it all together. In a large bowl add in cooked pasta, 1/2 cup red bell peppers,1/2 cup green bell peppers, diced cucumber, 1 cup chopped or halved cherry tomatoes, and 1/2 cup cilantro. Stir in sauce mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. The longer it marinates together the more the spices blend into the pasta and vegetables.
Step 4: Enjoy!!!
Now it is time to enjoy your Chugwater Chili Pasta Salad. It is best to serve chilled and share with others.
- If you like onion you can add diced onion to the recipe.
- You can add in diced avocado or cotija cheese to the recipe also.
- Serve as a meal and add grilled chicken breast strips or shrimp to the salad.
- For more heat add in diced jalapenos or more Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend.
- For less heat reduce the amount of Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend.
Now that you have learned a new Chugwater Chili Recipe, who will you share it with?