Enjoy taking this easy chili lime pasta salad dish to all of your summer parties and potlucks. Featuring a chili lime sauce using our chili seasoning, this is a light and healthy dish to enjoy.
Pasta Salads are always fun to make. There are so many different kinds you can make. Plus, they can quickly become a meal if you want them to. You can serve a pasta salad with many main meals and make them in bulk sizes to take to parties or potlucks.
We are always looking for new recipe to use our chili seasoning and other seasonings in. This pasta salad recipe is quick, easy, and will leave you asking for more. It is a simple recipe that you can throw together the night before you serve it or serve right away. The combination of our chili seasoning with lime gives this dish a festive taste. It can also be considered a vegetarian pasta salad.
How to Cook the Pasta
You will use either 1/2 box of rotini or the pasta shape of your choice. For this recipe I used the tri-colored rotini to give the salad extra color. Boil pasta until tender in a large pot and drain. Rinse with cold water to cool the pasta.
How to Create the Chili Lime Dressing
This pasta salad’s dressing sauce is easy but delicious. In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup oil (note I used vegetable oil but you could also use olive oil as well), 1/3 cup lime juice, 2 1/2 Tbs. Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 Tbs. minced garlic. Then set it aside.
Toss the Pasta Salad Together
Now it is time to throw it all together. In a large bowl add in cooked pasta, 1/2 cup red bell peppers chopped ,1/2 cup green bell peppers chopped, 1 diced cucumber, 1 cup chopped or halved cherry tomatoes, and 1/2 cup cilantro. Stir in sauce mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. The longer it marinates together the more the spices blend into the pasta and vegetables.
Time to Serve the Pasta Salad
Now it is time to enjoy your Chili Lime Pasta Salad. It is best to serve chilled and share with others. This pasta salad is refreshing on a hot summer day. You can also create a meal out of this chili lime pasta salad by adding cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu to it.
Dishes to Serve Pasta Salad With
- Fried Chicken
- BBQ- pulled pork, ribs, brisket
- Fish- fried catfish, grilled salmon
- If you like onion you can add diced onion to the recipe.
- You can add in diced avocado or cotija cheese to the recipe also.
- Serve as a meal and add grilled chicken breast strips or shrimp to the salad.
- For more heat add in diced jalapenos or more Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend.
- For less heat reduce the amount of Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend you use.
How to make Easy Chili Lime Pasta Salad video-
Here are some other side dish recipes, that you might want to try.
- Fiesta Corn Casserole
- Seasoned Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Asparagus with Creamy Southwestern Sauce
- Corn Salad with Southwest Dressing
Now that you have learned a new Chugwater Chili Recipe, who will you share it with?
Easy Chili Lime Pasta Salad
- 1/2 package rotini or penne pasta
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
How to cook Easy Chili Lime Pasta Salad
- Boil pasta until tender in a large pot and drain. Rinse with cold water to cool the pasta.
- In a small bowl combine oil, lime juice, Chugwater Chili Gourmet Blend, salt, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add in cooked pasta, bell peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, and cilantro. Stir in sauce mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Serve chilled.
Sat. Fat (grams)0.83
Leave a comment (all fields required)