Making great oven fries is a two-step process: steaming the fries, which makes them creamy and soft on the inside and roasting the fries, which creates a crispy exterior. These baked French fries are seasoned with our Gourmet Chili Blend for a flavorful kick and make a great side dish for beef, chicken or pork.
Crispy Baked French Fries (Oven Fries)
Oven Fries Seasoning
How to Cut the Potatoes
Steam the Potatoes
Roast the Fries
Season the fries with a few pinches of salt and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. We love ketchup, BBQ sauce or Ranch dressing. Dip. Dredge. Eat. Repeat!
What will you serve with your Seasoned Oven Fries? Let us know in the comments! Looking for more ways to use your Chugwater Chili Gourmet Chili Blend? Here are some more ideas to try:
Seasoned Oven Fries
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Chugwater Chili seasoning
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to cook Seasoned Oven Fries
- Place an oven rack in the upper middle position. Heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large bowl, measure and whisk Chugwater Chili seasoning and vegetable oil.
- Clean, peel, and slice Yukon gold potatoes. For more even baking, cut the potatoes into similar sizes. More flat surface area means more crispy goodness.
- To make the interior of the oven fries creamy, place and steam the potatoes in a bamboo steamer for 20 minutes.
- Use a fork to test the potatoes. The potato pieces should not fight the fork but not fall to pieces either.
- Remove the potatoes from the steamer baskets and toss them with the Chugwater Chili seasoned oil. The aroma is wonderful, so take a taste to adjust the seasoning as needed. At this point the potatoes can be covered with plastic wrap and roasted later. They even keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- To roast the seasoned potatoes, place them on a rimmed baking sheet and into the hot oven on the upper middle rack. For the crispiest oven fries, give each slice plenty of breathing room on the baking sheet.
- After the oven fries have roasted for about 15 minutes, flip them over and let them roast for about another 15 minutes.
- Lightly salt the Chugwater Chili Seasoned Oven Fries. Enjoy!!!
Sat. Fat (grams)0.61
Leave a comment (all fields required)