This easy mango salsa recipe is the perfect addition to your taco night. Using only a handful of ingredients along with our Chili Seasoning this salsa recipe is great to take to get-togethers or use with meals at home.
It is always fun the explore new salsa recipes. There are so many different salsas a person can make from a typical red tomato salsa to a fruit salsa or even a green salsa. This mango salsa is a refreshing salsa recipe that can be used not only for your tacos but can be paired with grilled chicken, shrimp, or pork chops. It is also simply great as a healthy and delicious snack.
How to Dice a Mango
Dicing a mango can be a fun new experience if you have not done it before. A mango typically has a large seed in the middle of it that takes up a lot of space in the mango. To get to the actual mango itself to eat or use for cooking you must cut around the seed. Here are some instructions on how to dice a mango. You will need to dice 4 mangos for this recipe.
- Balance the mango on one of its narrow sides, and then slice off one of the wide sides of the fruit. Try to cut as close to the seed as possible which will be in the middle of the mango and about 3/4 inch from the center. Repeat with the other wide side and then slice off the remaining strips of fruit from the narrow sides.
- Cup one side in your palm and use a knife to score the fruit into the dice size you want. Try to cut down to but not through the skin.
- Now you can take a metal spoon and scoop the mango out of the skin shell into a bowl.
How to Make Mango Salsa
Now it is time to make mango salsa. In a medium bowl combine the 4 diced mangos, 1/2 – 1 jalapeno diced and seeded (Note: Amount of jalapeno determines how spicy you want the salsa. Use 1 whole jalapeno for more heat) depending on how spicy you want your salsa, ½ red bell pepper diced, ½ red onion diced, and ¼ cup cilantro chopped. Stir the ingredients together.
Add in 1-1 ½ Tbs Chugwater Chili Seasoning (the extra ½ TBS adds more heat to the salsa) and lime juice from 1 ½ limes to season the salsa. Stir until the seasoning coats the other ingredients. Now you are ready to serve your mango salsa. Note: You can refrigerate overnight or serve right away.
Serving Mango Salsa
Mango salsa is a great salsa recipe because you can choose to use it as an appetizer, snack, or add it to a main dish. This refreshing and tasty treat is great served chilled and perfect for any gathering you might have. Here are a few ideas for serving this dish.
- Serve it with your favorite tortilla chips.
- Add to grilled fish or chicken.
- Put it in burritos.
- Add it to our fish taco recipe instead of zesty lettuce.
- Serve it as a salad by dicing the ingredients into larger pieces.
Now that you have learned how to make a delicious new treat for summer here are some other recipes that you should try making!!!